By Taromane Martin
THE final 20 man squad for the Solomon Islands Under-16 soccer team for the 2018 OFC U-16 Championship have been revealed.
Six provincial players are selected in the 20 man squad with the rest playing their trade in Honiara with various clubs.
The team will be coached by former Solomon Islands international Stanley Waita and will be captained by forward Charles Mani.
Junior Kurukuru duo old Raphael Lea’i and Leon Kofana are also named in the final team for the OFC tournament while fellow Junior Kurukuru team mate Frankster Rukumana was unable to make the final cut.
Meanwhile the 2018 OFC U-16 Championship tournament is set to kick off on September 9-22 in Honiara.
Lawson Tama and Town Ground rugby Stadium have been identified as potential hosts for the OFC youth competition which will serve as qualification for next year’s FIFA U-16 World Cup in Peru.
Solomon Islands national U16 final squad
- Gideon Satu (Henderson Eels)
- Davidson Malam (Laugu United)
- Derrick Taebo (Our Breeze)
- Benbate Lamupio (Western U-16)
- Leon Kofana (Henderson Eels)
- Pattson Tongaka (Renbel U-16)
- Javin Wae (KOSSA)
- Stanford Clement (Solomon Warriors)
- Fabio Pao (Western U-16)
- Densly Gegeu (Guadalcanal U-16)
- Hamilton Pao (Western U-16)
- Clayton Menapa (West Honiara)
- Maxwell Keana (Naha FC)
- Richie Kwaimane (CY Strikers)
- Alford Kanahanimae (West Honiara Royals)
- Philip Ropa (Guadalcanal U-16)
- Raphael Lea’ai (Marist FC)
- Charles Mani (C) (Malaita Kingz)
- Steward Saru Kuanafia (Makuru FC)
- Chris Satu (Makuru FC)
Head coach: Stanley Waita