BY JENNIFER KUSAPA
A man facing one count of arson will appear again in court on June 18 to allow police prosecution to transfer his file to the Office of the Director Public Prosecution.
The court was told yesterday that investigation into the case has been completed and the file will be transferred to the DPP’s office for prosecution.
Prosecution also said yesterday that the file was supposed to have been transferred previously but due to pending investigation, the file will be transferred today.
Deputy Chief Magistrate Ricky Iomea also asked the accused whether he has secured any lawyer to represent him, to which the accused said he has not yet received any response.
Mr Iomea then adjourned the case to June 18 and told the accused to follow up on his requests.
The accused Alex Salau is charged with one count of arson in relation to an incident on April 3, 2018 at a village named Kolohasi in Guadalcanal.
The case was reported to the police in which he was arrested for the alleged offence.