Fire scare at Pt Cruz Power House

0
23
Police fire service officers at the site.
Advertise with Islandsun
Advertisements

By Ezekiel Talatau

SOLOMON Power’s Pt Cruz Power House yesterday survived a fire scare when one of its pipes which contained diesel caught fire.

It is said that quick thinking by workers saved the day for everyone.

Reports reaching Island Sun say sparks from nearby construction work came into contact with a fuel-containing pipe, causing it to burst into flame.

Advertisements

Luckily, the workers quickly used a standby fire extinguisher to douse out the flames.

It is understood that the fire had been put out by the time the RSIPF Fire Service officers arrived, and they proceeded to carrying out measures to ensure the area was secured from the possibility of another fire.

Bystanders who had witnessed the ordeal, praised the quick thinking workers for quick action which prevented what would have been a disastrous fire if it had spread further in the premises.

It is understood that construction work has been diverted to avoid any such incidents.

The two rubber pipes and aluminium pipe which were burnt during the incident.
Police fire service officers at the site.

Facebook Comments

Advertise with Islandsun