CCTV footage reveals attack on business couple


CRIME SCENE..Police at the back of LGZ building near Town Ground where dead bodies of the two Asians were discovered April 15 2017

THE footage of the gruesome killing of a couple at the LGZ store in April last year was shown on Wednesday at the High Court.

The footage was part of the prosecution evidence shown in court on the murder trial against the two suspects, Raymond Keota and Jimson Goufi.

It was played in court when the IT officer was called to give evidence in regards to the CCTV.

The footage played clearly shows how the attack took place on the evening of April 15 last year which led to the death of the couple.

The court room was fully packed when the footage was shown and due to violent attacks the presiding judge Chief Justice Sir Albert Palmer announced that anybody not well about seeing those attacks can leave, but the public did not mind and stayed on to watch the footage yesterday.

The defence lawyer George Gray who represents one of the accused told the court that they agreed for the footage to be shown to clarify confusions on the public about the killing.

The prosecution played selected channels of the CCTV and it was played for almost half an hour – it was a very violent attack.

The footage was only stopped when the Chief Justice made an order to stop the CCTV footage as it revealed violent and gruesome attacks on the deceased couple.

The case then adjourned to today for continuation of trial and hearing of evidence from the IT officer.

This is the case against Raymond Keota and Jimson Goufi who are facing two counts of murder each in relation to April 15 killing of an Asian couple in their business premises last year.

Police alleged that the incident was a pre-planned incident in which one of the accused on the matter was a security guard of the two deceased.

The allegation said that the accused, Keota, turned up on that evening at the LGZ shop as was planned with Goufi the security guard.

Police alleged that Goufi shut up all windows before he walked to the main door facing the road and from inside wind down the door.

Police alleged that Keota landed the knife twice on the victim before Goufi intervened and got hold of the same bush knife and repeatedly struck it on the victim, which subsequently landed him on the floor laying in a prone and helpless condition

It was also alleged that Yuegui (wife), who was busy with her cooking heard something unusual at the shop and rushed to check.

When Keota saw her, he allegedly went straight at her at the Kaibar and attacked her with a kitchen knife.

It was the following morning when Goufi and the other female workers of the shop went to work that they discovered the couple dead.

Police alleged it was Goufi who climbed the fence and went into the building and upon his return informed the female workers the couples were lying dead inside the shop.

Director of the Public Prosecution Ronald Bei Talasa with his two colleagues Margret Suifaasia and John Zoze appears for the crown while George Gray and Michael Holara from the Public Solicitor’s Office represent the two accused.

Discover more from Theislandsun

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading