POLICE in Choiseul Province are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of an Asian male adult at the Luti Logging Camp in South Choiseul.
Taro Police were informed of the incident on October 19.
It is believed that the person died as a result of eating poisonous fish.
Acting Provincial Police Commander, Choiseul Province, Rolland Lapo said, “It was alleged that three Asian male adults working for the logging Company, Chia Tai Enterprises Limited operating in South Choiseul Province, ate a fish local known as balloon fish from the company mess on October 18, 2017 after which all three complained of head ache and body numbness.
“The three men were then transported by boat to Sasamunga Hospital but one of them died on the way.”
The two other Asians were transported from Taro to Honiara on October 19 for medical attention while the body of the deceased was later taken to the National Referral Hospital in Honiara on October 20.
The body of the deceased was flown back to Malaysia on October 24.
Police in Taro are investigating the incident.