Warriors advance

ON FIRE….Gagame Feni was instrumental for Solomon Warriors FC in their 4-2 win over KOSSA FC on Wednesday
Advertise with Islandsun

BY Taromane Martin

ON FIRE….Gagame Feni was instrumental for Solomon Warriors FC in their 4-2 win over KOSSA FC on Wednesday

SOLOMON Warriors FC are through to the grand final of the 2018 Telekom S-League after defeating KOSSA FC 4-2 yesterday at Lawson Tama Stadium.

Judd Molea gave warriors the lead from the penalty spot ten minutes before half time after match referee George Time signalled for a handball against a KOSSA defender going in for the clearance.

Moffart Kilifa drew KOSSA level 15 minutes into the second half, dancing his way inside Warriors 18 yard box before unleashing a ferocious left foot shot past an outstanding Izomo Bird, manning the Warriors goal mouth.

Tigi Molea regained the lead for Warriors 62 minutes into the second half, slithering through KOSSA’s defence before toe poking the ball past KOSSA’s on rushing goal custodian Desmond Tutu.

Second half substitutes Silas Eke restored Warriors comfort zone converting a Gagame Feni cross 74 minutes into the game before fellow substitute Ian Paia sealed the win thanks to another Gagame Feni assist from the flanks.

Kennedy Watemae scored the final goal of the game for KOSSA in extra time but was not enough to stop Moses Toata and his Solomon Warriors side from marching on.

“The heavy rain in the first half affected and changed our game plan and we weren’t able to perform in that opening 30 minutes,” Coach Toata said.

“Towards the end of the first half we finally managed to settle down because the wet conditions were improving.

“From the game there are some areas my boys need to improve on one is on finishing. But we look forward for the final and whoever we will meet.

Toata meanwhile praised substitutes Ian Paia and Silas Eke saying both players has set an example coming off the bench and is pleased they delivered for them yesterday.

“Sometimes you call it luck,” he said.

“But for me I want to thank both players they actually receive my instructions and did what I asked.

“And I think this is something all my players need to seriously think about whether they are in the first 11 or starting off the bench, they must be effective,” he said

“We look forward for the grand finale. Marist is definitely favourites to meet us but this Malaita Kingz FC young side is not to be written off yet. Whoever it is we’ll be ready for them,” he adds.

Marist FC will take on Malaita Kingz FC in the second semi-final match 3pm this afternoon at the Lawson Tama Stadium.