Ruling on murder inquiry next
BY JENNIFER KUSAPA
Three young men charged with the murder of a 23-year-old male at Forest Valley earlier this year have pleaded not guilty.
The killing took place on July 15 this year.
Sanders Mataisau, Nick Tino Wale and Randy Taia denied the charge and Principal Magistrate Leonard Chite set up a short form preliminary inquiry on their case.
Public Prosecutor Samuel Tovosia told the court that prosecution is relying on the evidence they have, the autopsy report and statements of around 30 witnesses and also eye-witnesses when the incident was committed.
Tovosia said the prosecution have sufficient evidence to proceed with the case although there were no admissions during the record of interview with the police by the three accused regarding the incident.
It is alleged that the trio acted together in assaulting the deceased which led to his death.
After receiving the submissions from Prosecution, Principal Magistrate Chite adjourned the case to October 4 ruling.
The trio will be committed to the High Court for trial if the Magistrate finds sufficient evidence against them.
Emy Rusi of the Public Solicitor’s Office appeared on behalf of her colleague lawyers yesterday for the three accused.