Prosecutor overseas, case adjourns

0
18
Advertise with Islandsun

BY JENNIFER KUSAPA

THE case of men alleged to be possession of firearms in relation to an incident in Malaita in July last year has adjourned to June 18 for pre-trial conference and setting of trial date.

Appearing on behalf of the Prosecutor in carriage, Dalcy Belapitu of the Office of the Director Public Prosecution said that the prosecutor in carriage will return on June 9 therefore sought adjournment on the case.

Deputy Chief Magistrate Ricky Iomea granted the application and adjourned the case to June 18.

Magistrate Iomea also cancelled the warrant of arrest against Simon Fiusiale issued on the previous occasion since Mr Fiusiale turned up in court yesterday.

Simon Fiusale and Iki Olomea were charged together with three other accused who are currently under warrants of arrest.

They were charged for being in possession of a fire-arm and threatening violence.

Three other accused men currently under warrant are Leonard Ofaka, Bredley Abarai and Jimmy Eno Bana and they are jointly charged with another two of one count of possession of firearm and threatening violence each.

Police said that the men were drunk and threatened the employees of Dalgro Construction Company that won the bid for Bridge Construction at the Tabaa Bridge in North Malaita on July 21, 2016.

It was alleged that one of the men who hold the gun which is a 303 rifle black in colour put in a bullet and then cocked the gun pointing it at the workers.

Police also ceased the alleged weapon believed to be used by the accused.

Facebook Comments

Advertise with Islandsun