BY JENNIFER KUSAPA
THE court was told on Wednesday that forensics photos are still pending on the alleged murder case which occurred at Lengakiki in March this year.
A prosecutor who appeared on behalf of her colleague prosecutor told the court however that forensics officer they have contacted has assured that the photos would be ready in two weeks’ time.
Meanwhile, presiding Magistrate Leonard Chite asked the accused whether he has already secure any legal representation.
The accused said a lawyer had already seen him but he could not remember his name.
Principal Magistrate Chite then told the accused to follow up on his request and also urged the accused’s relatives to follow up for the accused.
Chite then adjourned the case to June 20 for mention and during the adjournment outstanding evidence should be collected.
This is the case in relation to an incident which occurred on March 24 at Lengakiki close to a motel there.
Allegations say the accused stabbed the deceased several times with a pair of scissors on the chest, left and right thighs, left and right palms and on the left side of his abdomen.
The deceased showed his bleeding injuries on both of his hands to market vendor and others at the market stall and then he walked up the road with his cousin brother until they reached the outside of the New Zealand Commission Residence at Lengakiki in Honiara where the deceased fell to the ground unconscious because of heavy loss of blood.
He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead the next morning.
The accused was arrested by police on the evening of that day and placed in custody to face court.
Dalcy Belapitu of the Office of the Director Public Prosecution appears for the crown in court.