By EDDIE OSIFELO
ABOUT 77 people representing Janitors, Gardeners and Security of the multi-million-dollar AJ City Building at Lunga, East Honiara have successfully completed their one-week training on Friday.
The training aimed to equip them ahead of the grand opening of the classic building proposed for 18th October 2021.
Absolute Company Limited organized the training program in collaboration with Triple Brothers Security Firm.
The AJ Enterprise Limited funded the training program.
CEO of AJ Enterprises Limited, Ellen Inahia Maruarofa said they have achieved the aim of the workshop and urged to put what learned into practice.
Director AJ Enterprise Ltd, Aron Dawen ZHENG encouraged everyone to work together to make the place safe and clean so that the people can enjoy.
One of the participants, Nerolyn Tuita, who works as a gardener, said the training has really helped her because she learned new things.
She thanked AJ Company for initiated the workshop for them.
The aim of the workshop was to prepare and equip the Gardeners, Janitors and Security Guards of AJ City Mall to perform their roles as expected.
The objectives are for them to:
Be informed of AJ Enterprise Limited business vision, mission, its business activities and working relationship with its partners.
- Know their roles as Gardeners, Janitors and Security Guards.
- Identify the bad behaviours and practices at work place.
- Know their way in and around the AJ City Building.
- Learn of AJ City Mall basic building rules and policies.
It was also for them to:
- learn how to use the escalator and lifter;
- learn about the basic work place communication skills;
- engage in preparedness sessions on emergency responses during earthquake, fire and self-awareness on racism, assistance to customers, handling & hazards.
- Learn about the AJ City Mall Building Emergency Plan.
- Learn how to use appropriate equipment at workplace.
Furthermore, for them to:
- Learn about health & safety rules at workplace.
- Learn basic knowledge and skills on larceny and its elements.
- Learn the importance of appropriate dressing and grooming to workplace.
- Learn basic awareness on COVID 19 responses at work place.
- Learn about the importance of efficiency & effectiveness at workplace.
- Learn about Team Work and why it is important.
Other facilitators of the workshop were National Disaster Management Office and Royal Solomon Islands Police.