BY BARNABAS MANEBONA
CABINET has approved that school scholarships will be made available for next year.
Confirming this is the Permanent Secretary (PS) of the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development (MEHRD) Dr Franco Rodie when questioned on any new update for ‘Form Seven scholarship’ in 2021 during yesterday’s ‘Iumi Together against Covid-19 Talk-Back Show’.
The MEHRD Permanent Secretary said not only scholarships for Form Seven students but citizens who would also like to be considered for training programme or studies they would like to pursue.
“Cabinet has approved the scholarships that will be made available, not only the Form Seven students but citizens who would like to be considered for the training programme or studies they would like to pursue.
“So Cabinet has approved it and currently as of last week Thursday my Officers were trying to put the information together so they can put out an advertisement on the scholarships that will be made available,” said Rodie.
It is understood that the confirmation by Dr Rodie on scholarships come as ‘welcome news’ for members of the general public who through this Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic have been raising question if whether scholarships this year for school next year will be offered.