No bail for 2 men on attempted murder charge

0
138
Advertise with Islandsun
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

BY JENNIFER KUSAPA

Bail has been refused for two men alleged of attempted murder.

The incident occurred at a village in Northeast Guadalcanal on December 26 last year.

Defence yesterday sought bail reasoning that the case is still ongoing and that the two men are innocent until court finds them guilty, according to constitution.

Prosecution however, argued that it is because the case is still ongoing that the two men cannot be allowed bail.

There is the likelihood that the two men would interfere with police investigations, prosecution says.

Furthermore, two other suspects are still at large.

Deputy Chief Magistrate Ricky Iomea in refusing bail for the two men, explains that another factor supporting prosecution’s argument is the safety of the two accused, since there is no reconciliation between them and the victim’s family.

The incident occurred at Radebati village in the North East Guadalcanal, Guadalcanal province.

Police alleged that the two men Clive Pei and the other accused, a juvenile, unlawfully assaulted a man by cutting his face, head, back and shoulder with a 26-inch bush knife in December last year.

Iomea said the two accused were arrested on December 29 and were remanded in custody on the same day.


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •