BY PETER ZOLEVEKE II
MEMBER of Parliament for East Are’are Peter Kenilorea Jnr graced an induction event of office bearers for the Filipino Community in Honiara.
Kenilorea used the occasion to pay tribute to the Filipino community for their service within various key sectors in Solomon Islands.
“Filipinos are known for their contribution to the global services sector the world over,” Kenilorea said.
“I have witnessed this in the USA and in many of the countries that I have visited. They have proven to be trustworthy, loyal, professional and caring employees,” he added.
Kenilorea also highlighted their contribution and support as fellow Christians.
“In the Solomon Islands, they are contributing as well. Their sense of community is strong. They share with us, many of the values we uphold as Christian nations. As they work, they support each other through their network of communities.
“Today, I was honoured to be the guest for the Filipino Community of Solomon Islands as they inducted their new members of their executive.
“My wife and I enjoyed the delicious dishes served which was a bonus to what was an enjoyable occasion. Thank you for your service to Solomon Islands businesses,” Kenilorea stated.
FILCOMSI was established in 2007, a non-profitable organization to promote the Filipino culture and foster good relationships in the Solomon Islands, contribute to the welfare of Filipinos working or living in the country and establishing links with organizations.
Their new officer bearers are:
1. Engr. Leo Salonoy – PRESIDENT
2. Magdalena Quirimit- VICE PRESIDENT (internal)
3. Myrtle Atienza – VICE PRESIDENT (External) & Board Member in Sports
4. Francisco Lontoc – Treasurer
5. Cynthia Bukayaro – Asst Treasurer
6. Natalia Noprada – Secretary
7. Villa Repollo – Asst Secretary
8. Vonriech Saban- Board Member in Membership
9. Lolito Jr Monte Ceredon – Board Member in Social Media and Public Relation
Induction of officers was held at Don Bosco Technical Institute.