SOLOMON ISLANDS ROADS & AVIATION PROJECT (SIRAP)
Grant No.: P166622
Assignment Title: SIRAP PROJECT MANAGER
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): MCA-MID/INDV/S-D01
The Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Solomon Islands Roads & Aviation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) includes a Project Manager. It is anticipated that the Project Manager will commence as soon as possible for 3 years duration. The position will be fulltime and based in Honiara, Solomon Is.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6uD4lTWtxTtKVLMty5GyWOg9ZJvmt-7/view?usp=sharing
The PAIP now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Service. Interested Consultants should provide information (CV) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and list of 3 referees with contact details. The shortlisting criteria are:
- The Consultant will have a Civil Engineering degree or similar qualification from a recognized institution, or equivalent relevant operational qualification; registration as a chartered or professional engineer is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience, with at least five years in a project management or similar role (preferably Donor Funded Projects in developing countries); specific South Pacific island experience will be an asset;
- Technical capacity (Civil Works, Roads, Construction etc.) is essential;
- Proven experience in managing transport projects (with focus on roads and aviation) and working with diverse stakeholders under tight timelines; ability to work independently and lead an inter-disciplinary team of professionals;
- Strong project management and office administration skills; and
- Effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English, with demonstrable high-level reporting skills
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations on link http://procurement.gov.ge/getattachment/ELibrary/Manuals/4005Procurement-Regulations_Final-for-publishing.pdf.aspx
A firm is eligible to nominate an individual – however, note that only the experience and qualifications of the nominated individual shall be used in the selection process, and that (their) corporate experience shall not be taken into account. The firm, if proposing an individual must specify whether the contract would be signed with the firm or the proposed individual.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants (INDV) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form with attachments no more than 3MG, to the address below. Your application should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for SIRAP Project Manager, Reference MCA-MID/INDV/S-D01” by Monday 19th November 2018.
Attention: Ms Pua Latu, email: email@example.com
Address: PAIP TFSU Project Office, Ground Level, TAL Building, Poutaha, Nuku’alofa, Tonga