Operational budget approved

Views: 1

Solomon Games confirmed for January

By Taromane Martin

Renbel Solomon Games Chief Executive Officer Mr Golden Kiloko.

ORGANISERS for the Renbel Solomon Games have confirmed that the national government has finally approved the much awaited operational budget for the games.

Renbel SG Chief Executive Officer Mr Golden Kiloko confirmed the government’s approval of the budget earlier this week adding the move has also confirmed the kick off date for the 7th Solomon Games.

“This is to inform and as well confirmed that the National Government in its cabinet meeting last week had endorsed and approved the much awaited operational budget of Solomon Game to be host in Renbel, this means that the game is confirmed and set to go ahead on 13th to 25th January, 2019,” the CEO said.

“The game had been postponed to second and third week of Jan 19 because of delay of funds from SIG as major funder of the game in time for initial dates 26th Nov to 7th Dec 2018.

“As you know that dates of sports program are always fixed, so any delayed of such especially funds will either cancel or postponed.

“From inside source from cabinet during their meeting last week, they had endorsed n approved the operational budget of game which was submitted by the minister of MHA, but at this at this stage, I’m not too sure wat now next step.

“I’ve have already informed all PSA n NFs of the progress and advise them to continue with their preparation,” he said.

Kiloko stressed that it will be a challenge implementing the funds once handed over but reassured the funds will be used for its intended purposes only.

“Initial budget submitted was $12M n break down – TF $5m for completion of some of sports facilities n LOC $7m for operation of the game, and from Infor received today (Tuesday) was they approved the budget, but not sure whether the whole budget or one of the two separated budget or half of the total budget? Will confirm and advise later.

“It will be a challenge no one deny that especially in the implementation part of the budget. It will be a challenge but our LOC will make sure we respect it and we will be very transparent on its implementation as according to its intended purposes,” he adds.

The CEO meanwhile thanked the national government for their trust and confidence saying Rennell and Bellona Province is ready to host the games.

“On behalf of the Task Force, local organizing committee and the entire Renbel community, I would like to sincerely thank the National Government for the trust, confidence and support to continue host this prestigious national sporting events in Renbel Province despite of the many challenges.

“Thank you very much and God bless Solomon Island,” Kiloko adds.

error: Content is protected !!