No arrests yet on Shortland armed robbery incident

Views: 63

BY JENNIFER KUSAPA

POLICE Commissioner Mathew Varley says that no arrest has been made so far on the incident which occurred at Harapa camp on March 25.

Mr Varley said investigation is still continuing and police have deployed a team of investigators, Forensics, Police Response Team and other support staff to carry out full investigation about what happened.

He said that the incident occurred at the Manahunu logging camp in Harapa on the early hours of March 25.

Police said the men approached the logging camp manager with the other man armed with weapons and threatened them with those weapons.

It was further alleged the robbers took off with goods including the machineries and chainsaws, mobile phones plus other valuable items. No one was injured during that incident.

Police said after they robbed the camp they fired to the air and left.

“It is a very serious security incident that was occurred and as a result RSIPF has deployed an operation team both from Gizo and Choiseul and also from Honiara,” Varley said.

Varley also thanks the community leaders, chiefs and elders for their support and also the logging company in providing information on what had happened, and police are now following up on information about the suspects of the case.

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: